2007-10-16

The 10 Best Things Anyone British Ever Said

Liam Gallagher makes the top ten? Really?

1 Oscar Wilde Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

2 Spike Milligan "All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

3 Stephen Fry "An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them."

4 Jeremy Clarkson "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."

5 Sir Winston Churchill "A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen."

6 Paul Merton "On my first day in New York a man asked me if I knew where Central Park was. When I told him I didn't, he said: 'Do you mind if I mug you here?"

7 Noel Coward "People are wrong when they say opera is not what it used to be. That is what's wrong with it."

8. William Shakespeare "Maids want nothing but husbands and when they have them, they want everything."

9 Brian Clough "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business, but I was in the top one."

10 Liam Gallagher "Americans want grungy people, stabbing themselves in the head on stage. They get a bright bunch like us, with deodorant on. They don't get it."

No comments: