2011-01-07

Books I Read in 2010

I started recording, through the magic of computers, all the books that I read in 2010.  I might have missed a few (particularly books that I re-read this past year) as with most of these kind of projects, the ambition quickly becomes surpassed by the reality.

  • Beautiful Children - Charles Bock
    • The first book I read in 2010, it was one of those books that is technically quite fine, but failed to leave an impression. The best part was the dedication.
  • Generation A - Coupland
    • It started off as one of the best books Coupland has written, but quickly turned into every other book Coupland has written
  • Fragile Things - Neil Gaiman
  • Juliet Naked -  Nick Hornby
  • Pride and Prejudice with Zombies
    • Didn't finish this one - the gag wore off on me too quickly.
  • The Golden Compass - Pulman
  • What is The What - Eggers
  • Mystery Train - Marcus
  • Sushi Daze
  • How To Be A Canadian - Ferguson
  • Rabbit, Run - Updike
  • Blood's A Rover - Ellroy
    • I wanted this to be better - I had been anticipating this one for years. 
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Lucky Jim
  • Midnight's Children
  • Where The God of Love Hangs Out
  • Point Omega
  • Let The Great World Spin
  • What The Dog Saw
  • Superfreakonomics
  • Too Big To Fail
  • The Quants
  • Changing My Mind
  • Number9dream
  • Hokkaido Highway Blues
  • Eating The Dinosaur
  • All My Friends Are Superheroes
  • Realia
  • Operation Mincemeat
  • Less than a treason: Hemingway in Paris
    • I went through another Hemingway phase this year and read biographys about him. No other writer's life really fascinates me as much as Hemingway's does, and I re-read The Sun Also Rises to remember why I was reading all these books about him, and read for the first time True At First Light
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Imperial Bedrooms
  • Great Apes
  • I Was Told There' d Be Cake - Sloane Crosley
    • This was a great find this year.
  • Atonement
  • Comedy by The Numbers
  • Maps and Legends
  • Never Let Me Go
  • Home Sweet Home: My Canadian Album
  • Hitch-22
  • The Ask
  • The War of The World
  • Freedom - Franzen
    • Who didnt read this book this year? I like the Corrections better though.
  • Running with the bulls: My Life With The Hemingways
  • Hemingway: The Toronto Years
  • City of Thieves
  • Zero History
  • Leviathan
  • American Alone
  • Michael Palin's Hemingway Adventure
  • Await Your Reply - Chaon
    • One of the best books I read in 2010.
  • True At First Light
  • Hocus Pocus
  • Imperial
  • Liar's Poker
  • Earth: The Book
  • How Did You Get This Number
  • Djibouti
  • Inherent Vince
  • Wrong About Japan
  • The Great Derangement
  • The Warhol Gang
  • 100 Photos That Changed Canada
  • The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
  • The Wrestler's Cruel Study
  • There's A Riot Going On

No comments: